Wednesday, April 25, 2007

new and nervous

For some months now I have been threatening my family to write a blog about our life. Although we are generally a normal nuclear family, we are far from usual. There are five of us, me, Pete (husband) and our three girls, El, Em and Kate. We are a family where we all care for and about each other and what is happening in each other's lives.

Although Pete and the girls are all nominally Catholic, I am learning more and more about other ways of thinking. Currently, I am exploring Buddhism, hence the title. I am convinced that thoughts and words have immense power and what you spend time thinking about becomes more important in your life. So right now we should all focus on peace.

I also like to sew and knit and do other crafts. Right now I am learning the intricasies of socks. I have finished one pair and am almost finished another one. I like the detail and like every other knitter I know, have two other projects on needles just begging for attention, not to mention the table cloth I have been embroidering for 10 years.....

So I am not quite sure how this whole set up will work but it will be an adventure. My family assures and reminds me quite frequently that I am an analog person in a digital world but maybe I can prove them wrong.

Donna Lee
4/25/07

1 comment:

Elizabeth Lafferty said...

If you're still exploring Buddhism, I highly recommend books by Pemma Chodron, particularly,"The Places That Scare You. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Places-That-Scare-You-Fearlessness/dp/1590302656/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1265393329&sr=8-5-spell

Peace,
Liz